The Talaria ONE INP6000, is a highly advanced 802.11b radio that has been designed to operate using the absolute lowest amount of power.
The radio is a perfect match for coin cell battery operation or for products in remote applications where the battery has to last as long as possible. Designers can also replace limited capability, point-to-point, Bluetooth connections with a full function Wi-Fi radio — without a power penalty.
Coming in at under 25mA for both Tx and Rx (Tx at 0 dBM), coupled with a range of sophisticated power management modes together with lightning fast “network connection on wake-up”, makes the Talaria ONE the radio of choice when low power really counts and add a low power PA (such as a Skyworks 85314-11) for full 802.11 distance operations.
The Talaria ONE is a complete hardware and software RF system solution. The IEEE 802.11b radio contains an on-chip RF front end circuit, baseband, MAC, clock management and power management circuits, all operated from a single 3.3V power supply.
Connection to the host processor is over a high performance SPI interface. A low memory impact/power optimized software driver has been designed to be hosted on a wide range of popular 8, 16 and 32bit application processor architectures and OS environments used in typical next generation IoT product designs.
- Complete single-chip 2.4-GHz 802.11b radio
- Ultra-low active power – less than 25mA for both Tx and Rx — sleep mode only 12uA
- Optimized architecture eliminates traditional throughput impact of 802.11b devices
- Support for typical low power IoT host processors
- Bluetooth-like Tx/Rx distances without an optional PA amplifier
- Supports full 802.11b distance specification when using an industry standard PA
- Both WPA and WPA2 network security implemented in hardware
- AES and TKIP in hardware for faster data encryption
- Supports both soft ap mode and station mode
- Integrated power regulators to supply needed voltages
- Integrated crystal oscillator and PLL for on-chip clock
- Self-maintained TSF (Timing Synchronization Function) eliminates host chip interaction at idle
- High sensitivity (-96 dBm for 1Mbps CCK)
- SPI host interface, up to 25MHz
- Optional UART host interface
- Small size (QFN 6×6 mm package, 48 pins)
- Industrial temperature range -20°C to 85°C
- InnoPhase product -