Universal High-Voltage Gate-Driver For Up To 100A - TMC6100 - Trinamic
January 27, 2020
The TMC6100 is a 3-half-bridge gate-driver for high-voltage BLDC, PMSM, and Servo motors. With a programmable gate current, it drives motors up to 100A using external MOSFETs.
TRINAMIC Motion Control announces their new high-power gate-driver TMC6100. The compact and cost-effective building block allows full protection and diagnostics via SPI while achieving high-speed operation with minimized switching losses in the power stage.
With a broad voltage range of 8…60V DC and programmable gate current of 0.5A, 1A, or 1.5A, the TMC6100 allows for flexible yet robust designs. Able to drive motors from watt to kilowatt, the gate-driver IC is perfectly suited for industrial drives, factory automation, lab automation, robotics, CNC machines, and finer applications such as surveillance cameras and printers.
Besides programmable short and overload and in-system EME optimization to reduce electromagnetic interference to the absolute minimum, the TMC6100 offers programmable brake before make logic allowing for three or six PWM-channels. With only a few additional components, a standby-mode can be realized for energy-savings, making the TMC6100 ideal for battery-powered devices.
Its versatile interface matches simple BLDC drives with minimum requirements on the microcontroller’s PWM and PMSM control algorithms. As such, the compact gate driver chip perfectly mates any microcontroller, as well as Trinamic’s powerful TMC4671 and TMC8670 FOC controller chips.
Fully supported in the company’s modular evaluation system, the gate driver IC is also offered as an evaluation board for quick testing.
Features and Benefits
- 3-phase motors up to 100A coil current (external MOSFETs)
- Voltage range 8 … 60V DC
- Programmable gate drive (0.5A / 1A / 1.5A)
- Full protection and diagnostics via SPI interface
- Gate Off Drive with 1Ω (LS) / 1.3Ω (HS) safe hold off resistance
- SPI & Stand-Alone operation
- Charge pump for 100% duty cycle operation
- Optional BBM break-before-make logic for single line control
- Programmable short and overload current threshold and retry
- Programmable control interface with 3-line or 6-line drive
- Compact 7x7mm² QFN package with double pin distance for high voltage operation
Product Page TMC6100