SC206E - advanced smart modules - Quectel
May 5, 2023
The SC206E series is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode LTE Cat 4 smart module. Based on Qualcomm 64-bit quadcore Cortex-A53 processors with built-in Adreno 702 GPU, it is ideal for both industrial and consumer applications requiring high data rates, multimedia functions and long lifetime support.
The SC206E series is available in three variants: SC206E-EM, SC206E-NA, and the Wi-Fi & Bluetooth-only-version SC206E-WF. SC206E supports multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology. The use of multiple antennas at the receiver end on the same frequency band greatly minimizes errors and improves data speeds. This module also combines high-speed wireless connectivity with an embedded multi-constellation and high-sensitivity GNSS receiver supporting GPS, BDS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS (SC206E-NA supports NavIC and L1 + L5) for positioning.
A rich set of interfaces (such as LCM, camera, touch panel, MIC, line out, UART, USB, I2C and SPI) allow the module to serve a wide range of IoT applications - including edge devices, edge computing, smart POS, smart cash registers, smart home gateways, smart robots, smart wearables, security, PDA & tablets, vending machines, delivery lockers, video streaming and entertainment systems.
LTE SC206E Smart Module series
- LTE Cat 4 smart module
- 40.5mm × 40.5mm × 2.85mm
- LCC+LGA package
- Max. data rates of 150Mbps DL / 50Mbps UL
- Temperature range of -35 °C to +75 °C
- Exceptional application and system performance based on the quad-core Cortex-A53 64-bit processor
- Enhanced mobile rendering APIs for image and video applications via Adreno 702 GPU
- Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- Dual ISP and up to 25 MP camera @ 30 fps
- Recording and playback of 1080P videos @ 30 fps
- Multi-constellation GNSS receiver for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment