Com-Server Highspeed 100BaseLX, Monomode, SC, 1x RS232/422/485
Direct connection to the network: 1 serial highspeed port to the optical network
Especially when bridging great distances up to 10km, as is the case for example in widely distributed systems or between buildings, the glass fiber optic cables are the ideal transmission medium. The network-side galvanic isolation is practically without limit and susceptibility to electromagnetic noise is almost entirely eliminated compared with copper-based solutions. Likewise, noise emission is precluded.
Like the other models of the Highspeed series, the Com-Server Highspeed 100BaseLX offers everything you need in a highly compact package for directly connecting a serial port to the computer network. All the protocols are included (see box and applications behind the product data sheets). The serial port on the Com-Server can be selected for RS232, RS422 or RS485. Configuration of the serial and network parameters is via Telnet, ARP/RARP, SNMP or internet browser and the built-in Web Based Management.
COM Port Redirector
Purely serial programs can be made to communicate over the network using the included COM Port Redirector for Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista. Virtual COM ports are installed on the system which look to the applications like standard COM ports. Communication with the terminal device is now however accomplished using the network and a Com-Server.
Connections and displays:
- Serial port: 1x RS232-, RS422-, RS485 port, selectable, Optional: 20mA/TTY (extra cost), DB9 connector plug, 50 to 230.400 baud, 7,8 data bits, 1,2 stop bits, Parity No, Even, Odd, Flow control No, RTS/CTS, Xon/Xoff
- Serial modes: RS232, RS422 4-wire bus master, RS485 4-wire bus master, RS485 4 wire with automatic control, RS485 2 wire with automatic control
- Network: 100BaseLX (Monomode) with SC connector, Distance max. 10km, IPv6 on request
- Fiber optic medium: Duplex Monomode glass fiber 9/125µm
- Wavelength: 1310nm
- Optical budget: 9/125µm max. 19dB
- Optical output power: max. 15.6mW / 11.9 dBm (Class 1 Laser Product)
- Galvanic isolation: virtually infinite (fiber optic)
- Supply voltage: DC 12V .. 48V (+/-10%), AC 18Veff .. 30Veff (+/-10%)
- Supply connection: Plug-in screw terminal, 5.08mm spacing, Labeled "L+" and "M"
- Current consumption: typ. 110mA @24V DC
- Displays: 1 LED Power, 1 LED Status, 1 LED Error
Housing and other data:
- Enclosure: Plastic compact housing for top-hat rail mount, 105x45x75mm (l x w x h)
- Enclosure rating: IP20
- Weight: approx. 190g
- Ambient temperature: Storage: -40..+70°C, Operating, non-contiguous: 0..+55°C (+70°C on request)
- Permissible relative humidity: 5..95% RH, non-condensing
- Scope of delivery: 1x Com-Server Highspeed 100BaseLX, 1x Quick Guide, 1x product CD with COM Port Redirector, manual, German/English, etc.
- Wiesemann & Theis product -