Com-Server Highspeed 100BaseFX, Multimode, ST, 1x RS232/422/485
Especially when bridging long distances up to 2000m, such as found in distantly located facilities or even in cross-building connections, the use of glass fiber optic cables is the ideal transmission medium. Network side galvanic isolation to almost any desired level, with no susceptibility to electromagnetic noise compared with copper based solutions. Likewise, fiber optic cables emit no noise of their own.
Like the other Highspeed series models, the Com-Server Highspeed 100BaseFX offers everything you need for direct connection of a serial port to the computer network in the smallest possible space. All protocols are included (see box and applications behind the product data sheets). The serial port on the Com-Server can be switched to RS232, RS422 or RS485. The serial and network parameters are configured using Telnet, ARP/RARP, SNMP or via the Internet browser and the integrated Web Based Management function.
COM Port Redirector
Purely serial programs can be made to communicate over the network using the included COM Port Redirector for Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista. Virtual COM ports are installed on the system which look to the applications like standard COM ports. Communication with the terminal device is now however accomplished using the network and a Com-Server.
Connections and displays:
- Serial port: 1x RS232-, RS422-, RS485 port, selectable, Optional: 20mA/TTY (extra cost), DB9 connector plug, 50 to 230.400 baud, 7,8 data bits, 1,2 stop bits, Parity No, Even, Odd, Flow control No, RTS/CTS, Xon/Xoff
- Serial modes: RS232, RS422 4-wire bus master, RS485 4-wire bus master, RS485 4 wire with automatic control, RS485 2 wire with automatic control
- Network: 100BaseFX on ST connector, Max. distance 2000m, IPv6 on request
- Fiber optic medium: Duplex Multimode fiber optics 50/125µm or 62.5/125µm
- Wavelength: 1310nm
- Optical budget: 50/125µm max. 7dB, 62.5/125µm max. 10dB
- Galvanic isolation: virtually infinite (fiber optic)
- Supply voltage: DC 12V .. 48V (+/-10%), AC 18Veff .. 30Veff (+/-10%)
- Supply connection: Plug-in screw terminal, 5.08mm spacing, Labeled "L+" and "M"
- Current consumption: typ. 110mA @24V DC
- Displays: 1 LED Power, 1 LED Status, 1 LED Error
Housing and other data:
- Housing: Plastic compact housing for top-hat rail mount, 105x45x75mm (l x w x h)
- Enclosure rating: IP20
- Weight: approx. 181g
- Ambient temperature: Storage: -40..+70°C, Operating, non-contiguous: 0..+55°C (+70°C on request)
- Permissible relative humidity: 5..95% RH, non-condensing
- Scope of delivery: 1x Com-Server Highspeed 100BaseFX, 1x Quick Guide, 1x product CD with COM Port Redirector,
manual, German/English, etc.
- Wiesemann & Theis product -