1:1 replacement for analog/ISDN modems in the TCP/IP network
The AT-Modem-Emulator is a 1:1 replacement for traditional analog or ISDN modems for example in air conditioning, alarm sending or measuring technology. Instead of the telephone network the AT-Modem-Emulator uses the TCP/IP/Ethernet for the connection. Configuration of the serial devices as well as cable connections remain unaffected by the changeover. Only the previously used call number is replaced by the IP address or URL of the desired remote side.
Abandoning the analog/ISDN network
By no later than 2018 the traditional analog and ISDN telephone network will be abandoned and the changeover of all telephone connections to IP-based technology will be complete. Applications with remote monitoring and/or remote alarming whose communication takes place via modem over the traditional telephone network must be converted by this time. The AT-Modem-Emulator accomplishes this conversion by means of a simple component replacement without major changes to the proved hardware/software combination.
Virtual modem ports
The COM Port Redirector for all current Windows versions >=XP allows the creation of virtual COM ports which provide a virtual AT-Modem-Emulator. Both outgoing and incoming connections are supported. From the standpoint of a central software application this eliminates use of an external AT-Modem-Emulator. Especially in virtual environments, e.g. under VMWare, this eliminates the often vulnerable passing of host-side COM ports to the guest system.
Connections and displays:
- Serial port: 1x RS232 port, DCE, DB9 receptacle, 1200 to 115.200 kBaud, 7,8 data bits, 1,2 stop bits, Parity No, Even, Odd, Flow control No, RTS/CTS, Xon/Xoff
- Serial modes: RS232
- Network: 10/100BaseT Autosensing/Auto-MDIX, RJ45, IPv6 on request
- Galvanic isolation: Network connection min. 1500 V
- Power supply: Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or DC 12V .. 48V (+/-10%) or AC 18Veff .. 30Veff (+/-10%)
- Supply connection: Plug-in screw terminal, 5.08mm spacing, Labeled "L+" and "M"
- Current consumption: PoE Class 1 (0.44 - 3.84W) or for external supply: typ. 55mA @24V DC , max. 70mA @24VDC
- Displays: 1 LED Power, 1 LED Status, 1 LED Error, 2 LEDs network status
Housing and other data:
- Housing: Plastic compact housing for top-hat rail mount, 105x22x75mm (LxWxH)
- Enclosure rating: IP20
- Weight: approx. 105g
- Ambient temperature: Storage: -40..+70°C, Operating: 0..+60°C (70°C on request)
- Permissible relative humidity: 5..95% RH, non-condensing
- MTBF: 637,767 h @25°C per MIL-HDBK-217
- Life expectancy: > 25 years at 25°C ambient temperature
- Scope of delivery: 1x AT-Modem-Emulator, 1x Quick Guide, 1x product CD with COM Port Redirector, WuTility management tool, manual, German/English
- Wiesemann & Theis product -