Automated 600MHz-4GHz Antenna Radiation Pattern Measurement System
The MegiQ Radiation Measurement System (RMS) is a compact test system that performs 3-axis radiation pattern measurement in non-anechoic spaces.
With a frequency range of 600MHz to 4GHz or 6GHz it is well suited for characterization and measurement of Antenna Radiation Patterns, Antenna Gain, ERP, TRP, Field Strength.
Extensive evaluation has shown that – with proper setup - the accuracy of the RMS is similar to that of anechoic test labs.
Characterize wireless devices of today, like IOT devices, routers, phones, domotica products, electronic gadgets, tablets, laptops, RF-modules etc.
The RMS has proven to be a tremendous asset during the development and evaluation of wireless devices. The improved product performance as well as the savings on time consuming range tests and test-lab measurements will pay for the RMS in just a few projects.
- Dual narrow beam width broadband measurement antenna:
Dual, because you can measure horizontal and vertical polarization in one go!
Narrow beam width, so that the environment does not play a big role. This saves you the need of an anechoic room!
- Dual channel measurement receiver:
The use of a smart dual antenna and a dual channel measurement receiver gives you the possibility to measure both vertical and horizontal polarization in one go. This speeds up measurement by almost a factor of two! The measurement receiver is controlled by the software.
- Automated DUT turntable:
The DUT will be supported by an automated turntable, controlled by the same software. The turntable is adjustable in height, and the turntable controller is integrated in the turntable stand.
- PC Software:
The software that comes with the system controls the receiver and the turntable controller. It lets you set measurement parameters very easily, save and recall settings and measurements, exporting results.
Once set, you push a button for each axis, and the measurement is fully automatic. Saving the settings and results enables you to compare results from previous measurements. Also once set, the system can be operated without having to know much about antennas. It measures multiple frequencies at one go so, if you wish, you can look at radiation patterns over a frequency band or at harmonic content.
- Results of the RMS. The system performs the following measurements:
Parameters such as ERP, total radiated power, antenna gain, average power, max power, etc.
Graphical representation of the radiation patterns, such as horizontal and vertical, in all axis
Measuring on multiple frequencies on one screen.
- Turnkey system includes rotation table, measurement antenna and receiver and application software.
- Dual polarization antenna and dual channel receiver, needs only one rotation per axis.
- Measures 3-axis radiation patterns in minutes.
- Measures Field Strength, EiRP, Antenna Gain, Total Radiated Power.
- 3D representation of measurements.
- Frequency range 600MHz – 4GHz.
- Measures multiple frequencies at the same time.
- Can generate a horizontal or vertical test signal.
- Generator-port option allows closed loop measurement of an Antenna under test.
- Real-time power and polarization indicator
- No calibration necessary.
- Lightweight and heavy duty table option.
- Can be used in normal office space with moderate space requirements. No need for an anechoic chamber.
- Compact and portable system.
- Session manager for storing measurements and configurations.
- Quality reporting.
-- MegiQ product --