Automated 370MHz-6GHz Antenna Radiation Pattern Measurement System.
The RMS-0660 is an automated system enabling you to characterize the performance of your antennae on many important key parameters in a very easy and quick way - and it is very affordable too!
As with MegiQ's VNAs, the RMS is a very nice, indispensible system to speed up and improve your antenna designs. For example, did you realise that improving your antenna efficiency by only 3dB will save you a lot of battery drain because you can cut the output power in half? Or that finding and eliminating 'nulls' in the radiation pattern will give you a much more reliable system performance.
See a video of the RMS-0460 in operation performing basic antenna pattern measurements, radiated harmonics level tests, wideband antenna frequency response and wideband radiation pattern testing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9JI5erjTQ&list=PLmrMwkf_BImwRLvQZjpWWzBsKsQYf3uR5)
- Dual narrow beam width broadband measurement antenna:
Dual, because you can measure horizontal and vertical polarization in one go!
Narrow beam width, so that the environment does not play a big role. This saves you the need of an anechoic room!
- Dual channel measurement receiver:
The use of a smart dual antenna and a dual channel measurement receiver gives you the possibility to measure both vertical and horizontal polarization in one go. This speeds up measurement by almost a factor of two! The measurement receiver is controlled by the software.
- Automated DUT turntable:
The DUT will be supported by an automated turntable, controlled by the same software. The turntable is adjustable in height, and the turntable controller is integrated in the turntable stand.
- PC Software:
The software that comes with the system controls the receiver and the turntable controller. It lets you set measurement parameters very easily, save and recall settings and measurements, exporting results.
Once set, you push a button for each axis, and the measurement is fully automatic. Saving the settings and results enables you to compare results from previous measurements. Also once set, the system can be operated without having to know much about antennas. It measures multiple frequencies at one go so, if you wish, you can look at radiation patterns over a frequency band or at harmonic content.
- Results of the RMS. The system performs the following measurements:
Parameters such as ERP, total radiated power, antenna gain, average power, max power, etc.
Graphical representation of the radiation patterns, such as horizontal and vertical, in all axis
Measuring on multiple frequencies on one screen.
- Turnkey system includes rotation table, measurement antenna and receiver and application software.
- Dual polarization antenna and dual channel receiver, needs only one rotation per axis.
- Measures 3-axis radiation patterns in minutes.
- Measures Field Strength, EiRP, Antenna Gain, Total Radiated Power.
- 3D representation of measurements.
- Frequency range 370MHz – 6GHz.
- Measures multiple frequencies at the same time.
- Can generate a horizontal or vertical test signal.
- Generator-port option allows closed loop measurement of an Antenna under test.
- Real-time power and polarization indicator
- No calibration necessary.
- Lightweight and heavy duty table option.
- Can be used in normal office space with moderate space requirements. No need for an anechoic chamber.
- Compact and portable system.
- Session manager for storing measurements and configurations.
- Quality reporting.
-- MegiQ product --